All North East cyclists and friends may be interested in the Whatfest show being held at Woodhorn Museum on the 29th May 2011 all are welcome.
Just wanted to let you (and the Barnesbury Cycling Club) know about an event Sustrans is co-hosting at Woodhorn on May 29th, see here - http://www.whatfest.org.uk/Entry%20Form%20v2.pdf.
There are more details on the website - www.whatfest.org.uk and in addition to the two organised rides, there are will be a variety of free family activities starting from 11.00am including:-
- Children’s Cycle Treasure Hunt around Queen Elizabeth II Park.
- Children’s Bouncy Castle
- Children’s Face Painting
- Children’s organised fun and games with the “Play Rangers”
- Free Smoothie Maker – pedal yourself a refreshing smoothie!
- Free Doctor Bike – get your bike checked over by a qualified mechanic.
- Cycle Display Team providing an exciting stunt display throughout the afternoon. Times will be displayed outside their performance area.
- Please also note that display team will be undertaking interactive training sessions with participants in between these times
- Cycle try out area – there will be a limited number of family bikes, children’s bikes, and trailers to try out within the confines of the Woodhorn Museum.
- The Raffle Prize Draw will take place at 4pm: Remember you need your unique entrants number in order to claim the prizes.
- Tombola stall
- Aligned organisations will be having promotional stalls through out the day.