The club is delighted to offer members another opportunity to do a Level 1 coaching course in partnership with British Cycling and the Tony Blair Sporting Foundation, which is an ideal starting point for parents without any coaching or much cycling experience. The course will be held on 4th October 2015 at Excelsior Academy in Newcastle. The full cost of the course is £260, but as a partner of the TBSF they pay half the cost of the course (£130) for any of your members who will commit to volunteering with your club over the next year.
Details of the course given by British Cycling are as follows:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Submit evidence that you have an appropriate level of coaching insurance that provides at least the same level of cover as that provided by Race Silver, Race Gold or Ride level British Cycling membership.
- A commitment to complete the learning programme within five weeks.
- Access to the internet and a computer (see system requirements regarding accessibility).
- Valid and current emergency first aid certificate (minimum 6 hours) or equivalent.
The learning programme
This is a blended learning programme that includes e-learning modules (core units) and face-to-face modules (technical units). The e-learning modules will give you the knowledge and tools to enable you to put into practice what you have learnt during the face-to-face days. All components of the programme will need to be completed for you to achieve the Level 1 Award in Coaching Cycling.
If you are interested please get in touch with the club in the first instance via the website or speak to Stephen or Gordon at the coaching sessions, as there might be an opportunity to fund the other half of the course.